Unilever rondt heroriëntatie mediaplanning en -inkoop af
Na afronding van een heroriëntatie die begin 2012 was gestart, heeft Unilever nu bekendgemaakt bij welke bureaus zij wereldwijd haar mediaplanning en -inkoop gaat onderbrengen. (Bericht alleen uitgegeven in het Engels.)
Unilever concludes review of media planning and buying services
London/Rotterdam, October 5th 2012. Unilever today announced the outcome of the global review of its media planning and buying agency services. The review was initiated in early 2012, in line with company policy to evaluate media agency arrangements periodically.
Unilever can now confirm their agency configuration across the following key territories for local planning and buying assignments.
WPP’s media agency Mindshare has been appointed in:
- Europe: UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Romania, Bulgaria and Serbia.
- North America: US, Canada and Caribbean.
- Asia: Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Viet Nam, Australia, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Africa: South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa.
Omnicom’s media agency PHD has been appointed in:
- Europe: Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and New Zealand.
IPG’s media agency Initiative has been appointed in:
- Latin America: all countries (including Mexico), excluding Brazil.
- Europe: Greece, Portugal, Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
At the same time Unilever has appointed PHD to handle Global Communication Planning for all Personal Care, Refreshment, Foods and Homecare brands. Global Planning for Household Care will be managed by Initiative, as part of an integrated IPG solution.
Luis Di Como, Unilever Senior Vice President Global Media, said, “We are confident that we have the right agency partners to service our business. They will help us leverage our scale and engage with consumers around the world in effective and meaningful ways, in order to fulfil our ambition of doubling the size of our business while reducing our environmental footprint and increasing our social impact.”
“We greatly value the long-term relationships that we have with our agency partners and look forward to continue working closely with them to deliver our marketing strategy, Crafting Brands for Life, and our ambition to continue leading in the digital marketing space,” concluded Di Como.
Notes to editors
All appointments are subject to the finalisation and execution of contracts implementing these arrangements.
For further media information contact:
Global Media Relations Director
+44 207 822 5354 / +44 7825 273767
Unilever Belgium N.V.
T: +32 (0) 2 333 6666Unilever-Belgium.External-Relations@unilever.com